Tips to get the most from your ATDW listing
Visit Victoria have compiled the following list of top tips to get the most of your ATDW Listing.
Name, Address, Phone:
Always use the same name, address and phone for your business on all marketing material. This may sound simple, but to ensure search engines like Google correctly index your business it’s really important that your website, ATDW listing, booking system, Twitter, Facebook and all others use exactly the same name, address and phone. It’s quick and easy and helps your own website appear higher in Google search results.
– Use the Statistics Report to regularly review the performance of your ATDW listing.
– You can access your Statistics Report from the ‘Stats’ section when you login to www.atdw-online.com.au.
– People skim websites so be clear and concise.
– Short sentences and one idea per paragraph are best.
– Always mention your business or event name in the first sentence.
– Showcase the best attributes of your business/event and provide the reader with ideas of what they can do while visiting.
– Make sure to highlight the key points of difference that your business/event offers.
– Conclude the description with supporting details and ‘How to Get There’ information. Use time rather than distances eg: Located just 30 minutes from Echuca.
– High quality, clear, bright images go a long way to make your ATDW listing stand out from the competition.
– Load images in their biggest size and quality. Images are automatically resized by ATDW-Online so don’t worry about adjusting them yourself. (Minimum image size is 2048 x 1536 px.)
– Landscape images only. Portrait images are not accepted.
Top photo tips:
– Great lighting – brightness gives depth and variance to the scene. Sunlight is best so pick a day that is bright to capture the scene.
– Shoot from the corner – this shows space and dimension. This is especially applicable to accommodation providers shooting rooms.
– Take exterior photos – this helps visitors to imagine what your business looks and feels like.
– Clean the scene – de-clutter the area you wish to photograph
– Highlight your unique points of difference – every business has something exclusive so make it stand out.
The Tourism E-kit is a great tool designed for tourism businesses to learn about online marketing. Tutorials include website design, SEO, eMarketing, Social Media strategies and more. For more information go to: www.tourismtribe.com/tutorials/
For more information
ATDW Support at Tourism Victoria operates Monday to Friday 9am–5pm
T: 1300 306 366 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
W: www.atdw-online.com.au | www.visitvictoria.com | www.corporate.visitvictoria.com