Regional Industry Conversations
As part of the Regional Tourism Review you are encouraged to attend one of the Victorian Government’s ‘Regional Industry Conversations’.
The Regional Industry Conversations are a series of workshops being held throughout Victoria where the tourism industry and communities are encouraged to have their say on the future of regional tourism and the visitor economy.
The Regional Industry Conversations will be facilitated discussions based on the recently released Discussion Paper, that will address five key themes:
• Strengthening our tourism offering
• Making the most of our marketing spending
• Supporting industry
• Enhancing Regional Tourism Boards
• Better coordinating efforts
The Victorian Government has initiated the review to explore opportunities to better support tourism in the regions, enhance private investment, create more regional jobs, explore ways to better support industry and community and streamline government support.
Ms Mary-Anne Thomas MP is leading the review, including consultation in regional communities and overseeing the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions’ work in delivering the review.
You may attend any one of the Regional Industry Conversations at your convenience. The sessions are as follows:
• Ballarat – Friday 26 July – Eventbrite
• Mildura – Thursday 1 Aug – Eventbrite
• Bendigo – Tuesday 6 Aug – Eventbrite
• Echuca – Wednesday 7 Aug – Eventbrite
• Seymour – Friday 9 Aug – Eventbrite
• Horsham – Wednesday 14 Aug – Eventbrite
• Camperdown – Thursday 15 Aug – Eventbrite
• Warragul – Thursday 22 Aug – Eventbrite
• Philip Island – Friday 23 Aug – Eventbrite
• Wangaratta – Tuesday 27 Aug – Eventbrite
• Lakes Entrance – Thursday 29 Aug – Eventbrite
• Eastern Melbourne – Wednesday 4 Sept – Eventbrite
• Geelong – Friday 6 Sept – Eventbrite
Feedback opportunities will also be available via the Engage Vic website. This website includes a link to the Discussion Paper and an outline of the key themes being addressed in the consultation.
Please RSVP to the Conversation you intend to attend via the Eventbrite links above.