New Gippsland website
We are very excited to let you know about a new marketing project we are working on – a new tourism website for the Gippsland region. The website, visitgippsland.com.au, will be the key marketing tool developed for our target audiences to find information about a range of Gippsland experiences and motivate them to visit.
Why are we doing this?
Since Destination Gippsland’s inception, we have been using the website inspiredbygippsland.com.au, which is the Gippsland section of the Victorian tourism website, visitvictoria.com. While the partnership with Visit Victoria has worked well for us for many years, it is time for us to host a site independently which will allow us to have:
• More targeted Search Engine Optimisation for the Gippsland region and key towns/ experiences
• Greater control and responsiveness to the content on the site
• A greater breadth of towns/ experiences included – allowing us to better represent the Gippsland region
While this has been a dream for a long time, this is the first time we have been able to undertake the project given its significant financial investment.
What does it involve?
• The new website build will include more than 500 pages of rich content about tourism experiences across the region
• The website will be state-of-art in terms of design and functionality (responsive, search-enhanced) and will be custom-built to best engage Gippsland’s target audiences. It will have integration with social media, blogs, the ability for newsletter database acquisition, and the ability to host video, itineraries and maps.
• Operators will have the opportunity to have a presence on the new website by purchasing an ATDW listing. Their business will appear on sites: visitgippsland.com.au, inspiredbygippsland.com.au and on visitvictoria.com, amongst others. For those who already have an ATDW listing, they will appear automatically on the new website
• The website design will complement the new Gippsland brand which is currently being redeveloped
• Will include content not previously able to be adequately hosted on visitvictoria.com such as business events and accessible tourism. There will be a subsection of the site for industry resources, which will replace the information on the industry website: destinationgippsland.com.au
What is the timeframe?
The website will roll out in stages, with stage one intended to be launched in early-mid 2019. This will represent the highest priority pages. The full site is expected to be released mid-late 2019.
How we will achieve our goal:
After an extensive tender process, we have contracted the digital agency, Evolution 7, who are leaders in user-experience website design. They are no strangers to tourism, having created The Murray, Visit Grampians and Destination Melbourne’s Discover Your Own Backyard websites.
The content will be compiled by Destination Gippsland, and we will touch base with you along the journey to ensure that we are representing the strengths of the region as best we can.
All costs associated with the design, development and ongoing maintenance of the website will be covered fully by Destination Gippsland
At this stage we are mapping out the sitemap, which flags pages to be built and where they sit in the navigation. We will share this with you and invite your feedback in the coming couple of weeks.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any queries about the new website and we look forward to collaborating with you as this project develops.