Is your website mobile friendly…put it to the test?
Worldwide more than half the searches made on Google happen through a mobile device.
In April 2015 Google changed their search algorithm to allow mobile optimised websites to rank higher than websites not optimised for mobile.
Have you updated your website or are you unsure whether it is mobile friendly in the eyes of google?
You can check it out by putting it to the test. https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly.
Thanks to Ian Mills article I found this useful Mobile Health Check List to assist.
Mobile Health Check: Pick up your smartphone and go to your website.
- Does it load in less than three seconds?
- Does it draw your eye to your key selling points or message?
- Is the content easy to read?
- Is it easy to navigate?
- Is it easy to recognize and activate the call to action?
- Does it provide a good user experience?
- Is it a website you would spend time if it was not your own?
For a more extensive check up and further help regarding all online questions Destination Gippsland recommends that you join the Tourism Tribe